Sims 4 CC 90s Throwback Butterfly Clips Hair & Velvet Slip Dress


I've been feeling nostalgic lately, so I decided to whip up a quick hairdo & dress combo.  Being 33, I grew up in the 90s and have fond memories of it all.  My favorite shows were Clarissa Explains It All, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Full House, Family Matters, etc.  My favorite hobbies were playing Barbies with my cousins, riding my bike, and doing crafts like puffy painting sweat shirts and ironing on appliques to my flared jeans.  My life is a lot different now than when I was a kid, but at least I can still blast 90s alternative on my tv! (Hello, Oasis & Pearl Jam...and dozens more awesome artists.)

As an ode to my childhood, I re-textured one of the base game dresses to look like the popular velvet ones of the 90s.  I kept it simple, even though I remember having a few covered in glitter or rhinestones.  I think this looks great with a simple choker(my model has on a base game necklace) and some chunky wedges. I even kept the colors 90s themed with burgundy, olive, mustard, etc.  


I also made a hairstyle reminiscent of the 90s with everyone's favorite--butterfly clips!  Every fashion forward girl, from elementary school to famous celeb had these plastic hair clips.  They came in sets of usually a half or full dozen in shades all over the rainbow.  The most popular were what I call "90s pastels", and usually metallic or iridescent.  This hairstyle uses those.  Again, it's a base game cas item that I just updated.  This time I kept all of the original game hair colors AND added my own.  It comes in a total of 45 colors! Looks great with the slip dress or mix it up with a cute sweater and jeans. Whatever! ;)


Enjoy!!! Also, I've decided to ditch Adfly.  I haven't even made $1 since I started this back in November, even though I've had a ton of views on my posts.  It's just become an extra unneeded step for my uploading process, so it's gone.  All of my downloads will be *straight* to my mediafire page!  Thanks for everyone that put up with that "experiment" the past few months.  I'll keep making content, maybe more since I don't have to worry about Adfly linking. :P 




P.S. Please be patient as I go back and change all of my old links to go directly to my Mediafire.  It's a bit time consuming! Thanks. :)


Comments

  1. Is there anyway the clips can be an accessory to just add on to straight or wavy hair?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sims 4 CC Stranger Things Eleven's Mall Outfit

Juju's ClothingCraft 2.0 for 1.12.2